Easier Production Data Additions
Look into using gitlab as a way to push new data to the site.
- The idea is we could have a private git repo in the srct namespace that stores all of the data files as well as an index file with all the names of the semesters.
- When we want to add new data, we can simply add the file to the git repo, which triggers a git hook to the production site, which can then pull the changed files and update it's data stores.
Things to look into
- This might be a horrible idea
- This might be a truly horrific idea? (sounds cool to me, but peer review is good)
- This would probably need to be separate from the semester correctional data that stores day shifts and canceled days, etc.
- It might just be easier to include a manual update button in the admin to the site which triggers the site to pull from the same git repo
Pls comment on thougts...it's going to be a while before I get to this again so if you keep it to slack it'll all get destroyed. Use the :gitlab: comments pls!