Each repo of the What's Open project has it's own Contributing guide as well as issue templates that are to be used in the development of the respective projects. This repo (Django) should have the baseline minimum Contributing guide with some python sprinkles on top (PEP 8 compliance comes to mind). As brought up in discussion earlier today about the web app's Contributing guide, we should focus on establishing some ground rules for issues and commits but in addition we will need to provide proper examples (with pictures) to help new people out as this may be their first experience working within code style guidelines and could be daunted by our defined rules.
- The webapp's contributing guide - https://git.gmu.edu/srct/whats-open-web/blob/new-design/CONTRIBUTING.md
- The Go contributing guide - https://git.gmu.edu/srct/go/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
- The Go issue template - https://git.gmu.edu/srct/go/blob/master/.gitlab/issue_templates/default.md
- The android app's issue template - https://git.gmu.edu/srct/whats-open-android/blob/master/.gitlab/issue_templates/Default.md
- The IOS app's issue template - https://git.gmu.edu/srct/whats-open-ios/blob/master/.gitlab/issue_templates/issue.md